Job ID 3423
ProFound Talent Inc. emerged from a dream and a belief by its Founder, Terri Davis, that we only have one life to live; and we need to live it with purpose and passion. With a desire to become an entrepreneur and with the dream to help organizations and individuals become more than they believed they could be, she left a stable career as a Partner at a National Executive Search firm to bring extraordinary talent management solutions to the market.
The ProFound story began in 2013 after a meeting with an Executive. This Executive questioned why search firms in Canada did not specialize in sport? This intrigued Terri to conduct further research to understand why the need for the specialization. Upon numerous conversations with Executives in all industries, it was apparent that they did not require specialization, but they did want to be special. They wanted to be heard, they wanted a customized process unique to their needs and they wanted a quality result the first time! With industry and business becoming increasingly competitive, they were looking for ways to increase their competitive advantage through their people – their greatest asset.
Terri started ProFound Talent Inc. in September 2016 to bring a boutique and customized recruitment experience to our clients, where a quality result, communication, and consistent approach provide the profound experience that our clients merit. Whether our client needs to hire an Executive or a mid-level professional to join their business, we treat each role with the greatest respect, diligence and passion knowing that each person brought into a business contributes to the greater whole and our client’s success. As a strategic partner with our clients, each hire is considered a critical hire and deserving the greatest attention.
If you would like to learn more about ProFound Talent Inc, please visit our website at www.profoundtalent.com.
ProFound Talent started its business in Edmonton, AB and has been growing into new markets. As the VP, British Columbia & Pacific Northwest Region, you will be responsible for leading the growth strategy and delivering on it, in the Vancouver and Pacific NW Region. You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for leading the organization’s service offering to market. You will work alongside the Executive team to understand the vision and mission of the service line, being responsible for the division, client relations, growth of the team, and revenue responsibility.
In this role, you will identify opportunities, develop the business and client relations, understand the client’s needs, provide solutions to the client needs, master the art of negotiating, and most importantly communication. Utilizing your established network, you will be involved in developing a sales and marketing strategy and will be responsible for operating at a strategic level, yet will also identify new customers, build relationships with key decision makers, manage objections, develop customer proposals, discuss pricing initiatives and close business thereby generating revenue. You will build a client base, nurture it, and solve customer challenges. You will bring your knowledge of the human resources industry, recruiting and/or professional services to your role being a valued strategic partner to your clients’ business vs a recruitment transaction. In addition, you will closely monitor the market and competitors keeping the Executive team abreast of new initiatives, ensuring that company brand and market awareness are present, and that the marketing strategy is being executed in accordance with plan.
Market Development (80%)
- Identify opportunity in the market creating a methodical approach to building visibility, awareness, and connection for ProFound.
- Create, alongside the CEO, the strategy for the region including strategic direction, sales and marketing strategy, identifying target customer base, networking, client relations, and ultimately closing business.
- Utilize your extensive Executive and business network to open doors at the C-Suite and Executive level.
- Identify new opportunities by staying attuned to the market through conversations with clients, candidates and in watching job boards.
- Build on existing client relationships staying connected for top-of-mind presence.
- Attend networking events to build presence and brand visibility for the organization.
- Attend client meetings and recruitment kick offs to understand the needs of the client offering business solutions to support.
- Responsible for taking the talent acquisition and assessment portfolio to market by connecting with leaders in the Executive suite and human resources industry proactively to promote, market and sell our client solutions. You must have the ability to “cold call” and request referrals, with no fear of a phone conversation, a client meeting, or a networking opportunity.
- Be a long term, solution sales partner vs. a recruitment transaction project.
- Be involved in the search process by sharing your market knowledge of potential talent with the Talent Acquisition team.
- Follow up communication with both clients and candidates as to the status of project and their candidacy.
Team Development (15%)
- Upon building a market presence, work with the CEO and VP Talent Acquisition to identify top performers and key talent for ProFound.
Strategic Vision and Innovation (5%)
- Work alongside the CEO to develop innovative and disruptive business offerings that add value and differentiate ProFound Talent from industry norm.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Connect with influential Senior Executives that have decision making authority and build a pipeline of qualified sales opportunities.
- Identify opportunity in the market for talent acquisition and long-term partnership.
- Work alongside the CEO in creating growth in revenue through the development of new client relationships, new project opportunities and the potential of new market expansion in the Vancouver and BC Region.
- Build with the CEO, a business development strategy, metrics, and key performance indicators for the region and effectively meet the KPI’s .
- Deliver on a revenue target as set out in the business development strategy.
- Create a 3-year strategic and operational plan, alongside the CEO, that will align to achieving the goals of the organization
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in business or a related field is ideal.
- 10+ years of experience in business development building relationships with C-Suite, Executive Leaders and Human Resources.
- Experience in selling a service through a solution sales approach and in being a trusted partner to the client with a demonstrated track record of consistent success in meeting a minimum of 80% revenue to plan.
- Executive leadership experience bringing relatable knowledge, skills, and experience to the client conversation.
- Strong business acumen being a trusted advisor for organizations.
- The ideal candidate will be well networked and have built a personal brand that allows doors to be opened easily to make connections.
- Skill in building a business and personal brand in a market through methodical connections and a consistent approach.
- A consultative/solution-based sales approach where building relationships is the key to success.
- An extrovert who enjoys building relationships through one-on-one communication, can pick up the phone for a conversation and incorporates “old school” communication with innovative relationship building style.
- A high level of curiosity with the genuine desire to ask questions and to learn about business and people.
- Needs to be resourceful; will research and dig for information when it is not readily available.
- Is intuitive in conversations understanding what is not being said with the ability to bring it forward.
- Experience or a desire to operate in an entrepreneurial operation where policies, processes, and plans are limited; yet innovation and excitement are prominent.
- Put the company values including customer experience and quality first; knowing that revenue will be the result of their great experience.
- Technological aptitude with experience in the full Microsoft Suite of products and CRM software systems
- A builder, you enjoy being part of an entrepreneurial business that is in growth mode and is building systems, processes, market, and people.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, where you roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done.
- Self driven and motivated by seeing success through goal attainment and revenue results.
- Authentic and transparent communication.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal.
- Must be able to wear multiple hats and be comfortable balancing several projects at one time.
- Organized to a fault.
- Ability to be strategic while also digging into the business at a tactical level.
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
- Always willing to learn; not above learning new concepts and ideas.
- Innovative and a disruptor in market; not afraid to take calculated risks.
- A strong communicator that keeps customers, leadership and colleagues informed.
- Walks the talk, accountable to your word.
- Must have GRIT pushing past obstacles and challenges, never letting it de-rail you from your goals.
- Team player
- Be open to learning opportunities.
Compensation package consists of a competitive salary and results driven bonuses.
Vancouver, BC (with remote work from home office)
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join our client in the role of the Vice President, BC and Pacific NW Region, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID# AYNM-712522.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *