Job ID 3505
ProFound Talent Inc. is proud to be working with our client, All Weather Windows. Having started with a 9-person operation and a 10, 000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in 1978, they have grown to a national operation with over 1000 employees and awarded as a “Best Managed Company” for the past 10 years reaching platinum level in excellence. With their headquarters in Edmonton, All Weather Windows Ltd. (AWW) is a dynamic leader in the window and door industry in Canada. Operations include two manufacturing plants located in Edmonton with Customer Solution Centres in Langley, Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge, Saskatoon, Regina, and Winnipeg.
In 2008, All Weather Windows Commercial Ltd. (AWWC) was created to service its growth in large-scale commercial clients. Specializing in commercial glazing solutions, All Weather Windows Commercial provides a wide variety of products for high rises, commercial, retail store fronts, multi-unit residential structures, hospitality, industrial and more. The Commercial Division installs window systems into Commercial properties as a subcontractor to both general contractors and property developers.
In 2015 All Weather Windows purchased Canadian Insulated Glass (CIG) and rebranded as All Weather Windows Glass which manufactures a wide range of specialty glass products for residential and commercial applications.
Why work with All Weather Windows?
Opportunity: AWW is a growing company, taking on bigger projects and creating opportunities for their employees. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies you can be assured that you are joining a stable employer that will be around for years to come.
Safety: All Weather Windows has obtained a Certificate of Recognition (COR) from the Workers’ Compensation Board in all their locations and safety is their #1 priority.
Respect: They are committed to providing a positive and enjoyable workplace. Whether you are working in the office, shop or the field, you can expect to be treated with respect and dignity.
Community: At All Weather Windows, their vision is to improve the lives of families, one family at a time. They are about empowerment. They want to set individuals up for long term success by providing assistance to health and wellness initiatives, supporting students in their career specific studies, helping children and families below the poverty line, and by devoting time to aid in the construction of shelter for those in need. They have looked to their incredible community for support when they started and now it is their privilege to offer a helping hand.
Growth: All Weather Windows is continuing to grow and make change to thrive and be a leader in the Canadian market. With this comes opportunity to operate at a strategic level, to be involved in decisions and to be a part of the growth and build of the organization.
For further information on All Weather Windows, please visit their website at www.allweatherwindows.com or visit All Weather Windows Commercial at www.awwcommercial.com.
The Vice President, Finance will report into the CEO and is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. This position will provide leadership in the delivery of financial management services to the organization. This position will plan, manage, and execute on initiatives to achieve key business objectives and ensure that AWW has the financial capacity to deliver on its business plans. In addition, the VP Finance will support the company’s efforts and initiatives regarding ERP systems, KPI reporting, operational initiatives, acquisitions, and special projects.
The Finance department operates with a solid financial foundation with the successful VP Finance building on this and positioning the business for growth. You must be a data driven decision maker, be systems and process oriented and understand the implications of decisions with the broader business. The VP Finance will thrive in building strong relationships internally and externally, mentoring and coaching and in influencing decisions.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and support all tactical initiatives to meet the organizational strategic plans.
- Act as a business partner to the CEO, by assessing organizational performance against both the annual budget and long-term strategy; develop tools and reports to provide critical financial and operational information and actionable recommendations on strategy, operations, and financial performance to the CEO.
- Be a strategic partner to the business and executive team in developing the growth strategy using financial acumen and knowledge to support growth plans.
- Partner with the CEO in evaluation, financial modeling, and due diligence of acquisition opportunities.
- Provide financial expertise and knowledge in mergers & acquisitions providing critical expertise in finance including, but not limited to, debt to equity financing strategy.
- Develop performance measures for Finance that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Partner with the CEO in reporting financial results to the Board of Directors on a quarterly and annual basis; provide monthly financial reports/results to the executive team.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all financial reporting activities for a business that has subsidiary operating companies including organization revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, and monitoring organizational budgets.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, proposing corrective actions by identifying profit improvement plans, revenue gaps, and by providing financial data and reports to senior leadership.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process to ensure all deadlines are met, data accuracy is achieved, and all departments are working together.
- Develop, implement, and maintain adequate controls and ensure they are being followed by verifying substantiating documentation.
- Lead and manage the required annual audits including work paper preparation, analysis, research, and audit support meeting the required deadlines.
- Establish guidelines for budget, forecast preparation and capital requests, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with other members of the leadership team.
- Provide quarterly forward-looking forecasts inclusive of capital and operating needs.
- Accomplish Finance strategies by determining and enforcing accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, polices, and procedures; implementing recruitment, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; define and set goals and initiatives ensuring all departments are running efficiently with optimal processes.
- Participate in key decisions and collaborate with the executive team to ensure one voice in the leadership of the organization.
- Lead, motivate, and direct a team of professional staff who are committed to providing accurate, timely, and secure finance information to management, the executive, and the Board.
- Manage the finance & accounting function for the organization.
- Coach and develop direct reports through development dialogues and organizational leadership reviews.
- Provide operational guidance and direction for the financial operations of subsidiary companies.
- Develop high-potential and high-performing staff and implement strategies to become a more competitive finance function, driving enhanced economic value to the enterprise.
- Establish process rigor and controls as well as accountability for the delegations of authority with the business to ensure compliance.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage and ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the Board of Directors.
- Partner with the CEO to maintain relations with external auditors, banking relationships, and investors to address and mitigate areas of risk.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Ensure the enterprise value plan is in full force including associated Board reporting, risk management and governance.
- Oversee the banking relationship including unleveraged cash, debt/equity financing, treasury and hedging funds.
- Have a team mentality vs a silo approach that is focused on building the business by understanding the business gaps, identifying best practices, looking at strategic opportunity and in supporting and influencing the team for this growth.
- Support a new ERP system implementation as a platform for business growth.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of All Weather Windows and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a relevant discipline with professional accreditations.
- Active CPA designation in good standing.
- 15+ years of experience in leading and managing accounting and finance teams.
- Manufacturing industry experience is required.
- Experience in strategic planning and in leading an accounting & finance function within an organization having senior executive experience in supporting a CEO and in Board reporting responsibility.
- Must have experience in leading an organization(s) through multiple acquisitions including business valuation, banking and investment decisions, and ERP valuation.
- Experience in working in an entrepreneurial and family-operated business would be an asset.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule when needed.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent business acumen and financial analysis
- Extensive experience in the functions of strategic planning, action planning, and budgeting and have been involved in creating or evolving these in prior roles.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong ability to influence and provide reason.
- Experience creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed organization.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
All Weather Windows operates under 5 key Leadership Traits and Behaviors being:
- Authentic and Honest
- Forward Thinking
Other Core Competencies include:
- Exceptional analytical ability
- Proven business leadership and acumen
- Problem solving skills.
- Results orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Resource and Fiscal Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Planning and Organizing
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Managing vision and purpose
- Drive for results
- Conflict management and consensus building
- Building effective teams
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join All Weather Windows in the role of the Vice President, Finance, please email your resume to BeProfound@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AEUW-757553.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *