Job ID 4941
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect their fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada.
At Oilers Entertainment Group, their vision is to be a Global Leader in Sports & Entertainment. Together, they inspire their fans by connecting them to their passion, which is OEG’s as well! They play like a team and always work with integrity towards their common purpose. OEG has a commitment to innovation and growth, combined with performance excellence that ensures a fair return on investment. They develop their people to be leaders in their industry and invest in their communities. Through their world class talent, strive to WIN. ON and OFF the ICE.
For more information on the Katz Group of Companies, including Oilers Entertainment Group, please visit www.katzgroup.ca and for information on the NHL’s iconic 5-time Stanley Cup champion, the Edmonton Oilers, please visit www.edmontonoilers.com.
The Vice President, Loyalty Marketing and Customer Insights leverages the use of customer and market data and technology within OEG’s commercial businesses to retain and expand customer segments. They will ultimately define, launch, and manage a loyalty program with a goal of driving increased customer lifetime value. To get there, they will lead the team charged with reporting on key company metrics, utilizing technology and data to optimize and grow OEG’s sports business, and implementing new sources and technologies. They use the data and analytics to understand customers, will identify key areas to explore, and leverage data to uncover new insights and opportunities that increase efficiency, drive engagement, and facilitate bottom line growth.
Reporting to the President & Chief Revenue Officer, the VP, Loyalty Marketing and Customer Insights will champion the use of fact-based decision making within OEG’s sports business and will lead innovation in loyalty through strategy and execution in collaboration with Business Leaders and Executives. In addition, they will help support the direction and implementation of the technology stack and will develop a team that leads loyalty including the program’s design, operations, and financial metrics.
- Understand and monitor the market for trends in customer and stakeholder behaviour, circumstances, and opportunities to increase engagement, service, and product growth opportunities.
- Provide strategic oversight for commercial reporting including but not limited to all Ticket Sales, Premium Sales, and Corporate Partnership reporting, as well as ad-hoc reporting on key business initiatives.
- Establish key performance indicators and develop concise data reporting and visualization programs that reflect organizational performance.
- Work across business functions to develop insights and make recommendations to optimize the P&L (e.g., ticketing, sponsorship, marketing, gaming, F&B).
- Develop strategies and execution plans.
- Collaborate with finance department to assist in budget forecasting and sales pacing reports throughout the season.
- Continuously optimize the club’s BI technology stack while implementing best practices from across the analytics industry.
- Oversee the individual(s) supporting data, analysis, and CRM operations for the department portfolio – manage workload, lead performance management and coaching, etc.
- Constantly search for ways to innovate and enhance our products and processes.
- Design, develop, launch, and grow a loyalty program for OEG by identifying and leveraging category and related insights.
- Provide strategic direction to define the loyalty program across business channels.
- Develop and foster partnerships across OEG to implement the loyalty program and drive customer engagement.
- Grow customer lifetime value.
- Measure success and recommend investment to support the growth, by driving and implementing loyalty program initiatives including the program utilization, impact to profit and expense.
- Report upon performance while providing clarity and visibility to program drivers.
- Drive increased customer engagement within platform, content, products, and solutions.
- Enhance perception of value add and exclusivity for customers and stakeholders.
- Identify, lead, and negotiate relationships with preferred providers and vendors to offer a full suite of perks, rewards, and exclusive offers that are attractive to customers and stakeholders.
- Implement and maintain processes/systems/tools that support the effective management and monitoring of the loyalty program, including growth, engagement metrics, usage, and contribution to divisional and organizational financial metrics.
- Link the loyalty and rewards program to overall organizational strategic plan and financial goals.
- Proactively elicit input from business leaders across the organization that can be enhanced through the loyalty program.
- Build and manage a team to maintain and grow the program across all lines of business as well as geographically.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build, develop and mentor a team with a focused mandate providing individuals with a sense of clarity, purpose, and accountability resulting in a highly engaged and high-performing team.
- Leverage the use of customer and market data and technology to develop a foundational loyalty program including functional and practical roadmaps to increase efficiencies and propel bottom line growth.
- Build solid, trusting, respectful relationship with VP Marketing and their team to build out data marketing strategy ensuring objectives are being met.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the market through the identification of new insights and opportunities by utilizing customer insight data to drive engagement to the overall brand including sports, entertainment, hospitality, and lifestyle.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- A Business/Commerce degree or diploma from a recognized post secondary institution in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 – 10+ years of progressive and related experience with a proven track record of continuous improvement and achievement.
- Experience building and/or managing an economically viable perks, rewards, and/or loyalty programs.
- Experience leading and managing a team of data and customer insight professionals who implement and utilize analytics for decision making and loyalty design.
- Experience designing and launching successful loyalty programs and have the reports to prove it!
- Proven P&L management experience, with a strong financial acumen.
- Experience leading or working directly with a data & analytics group.
- Experience with analytics tools (such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
- Experience effectively communicating data via data visualizations and presentations.
- Experience within the sports/ entertainment industry an asset.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Customer first mentality with the ability to understand customer journey insights and deliver features to drive growth.
- Innovative with the ability to translate insights and ideas into tangible programs to grow the business.
- Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships to create joint value.
- Hands-on working knowledge of data marketing and management in business intelligence process.
- In depth knowledge of data systems and tools needed to monitor the customer trends and make meaning of it.
- Creativity and ability to influence across various lines of business.
- Ability to convey complex data clearly and succinctly.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in teams and build consensus across multiple departments.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings for special events and game nights, as required.
- Open-minded with the ability to handle a bit of chaos throughout the day and doesn’t mind adjusting on the fly.
- Highly innovative.
- Has a team-first mentality and thrives in a collaborative, egoless environment.
- Builds great working relationships at all levels within an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity.
- Data-driven decision-maker who believes in a strategic discipline to optimize results, efficiency, and resonance.
- Highly accountable.
- Displays strong, ethical leadership with the flexibility to adapt to various team dynamics.
- Respectful of others.
- Positive attitude and seeks to bring solutions, not problems.
- Strategic and operational performer.
- Highly organized with a keen eye for detail and excellent time management skills.
- Self-motivated and is excited by autonomy with a relentless drive to exceed expectations.
- Exhibits sound judgment.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Edmonton, Alberta or Toronto, Ontario
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join the Oilers Entertainment Group in the role of Vice President, Loyalty Marketing & Customer Insights, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID #AEAG-655516.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101 or Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *