Job ID 3244
It started in 2016 when brothers Alex and Nathaniel Rossol first jumped into the realm of Virtual Reality, VR. An eye-opening experience, it got them thinking about the possibilities of VR. With the development, release, and enthusiastic reception of Hospital of Horror that autumn, vrCAVE was born. vrCAVE, the entertainment side of the business, offers six VR products/games with more in the development pipeline, they are trusted by more than 50 partners and they operate in 16 different countries.
The Founders recognized through their gaming platform that Virtual Reality is a unique technology that produces natural, observable behaviors that can be used in a professional setting for team engagement, leadership development and assessing or training soft skills. AlignVR, a division of vrCAVE was formed to bring Virtual Reality into the professional business environment. At the core of their product offering is something called Impression Management. It is the psychological term describing the mental effort individuals put into trying to inflate, filter or generally manage the impression they make on someone they interact with. AlignVR uses VR and psychology to inhibit a person’s ability to use impression management; thereby, inducing natural behaviors of interest in a virtual environment. You will observe these genuine behaviors and use them to assess, build, engage, and improve your team!
AlignVR is looking to expand their professional platform and is currently looking to hire a Vice President Sales & Marketing AlignVR. For further information on AlignVR, please visit their website at www.alignvr.com.
The VP Sales & Marketing AlignVR will report to the President and will be responsible for leading the AlignVR service offering to market. You will be the representative and face of the business line in market, you will work alongside the Ownership team to understand the vision and mission of the service line, you will develop a sales and marketing strategy and have full revenue responsibility for this offering. As this is a newer product line, you will be responsible for operating at a strategic level but also will be required to be hands-on in identifying new customers, making introductory calls, building relationships with key decision makers, introducing the product line, managing objections., developing customer proposals, discussing pricing initiatives and closing business thereby generating revenue. You will build a client base, nurture it, and solve customer challenges through the innovation of virtual reality. In addition, you will closely monitor the market and competitors keeping Ownership abreast of new initiatives and technology that may be entering. You will work closely with the Digital Marketing Lead within the organization to ensure brand and market awareness are present and that the marketing strategy is being executed in accordance to plan. The goal for the VP, AlignVR will be to build this service offering in market, to recognize growth and expansion, and with time, build the people plan to support it.
- Possess a strong understanding of AlignVR products, their competition in the industry and positioning.
- Develop a sales and marketing strategy to build market awareness, sales and to elevate AlignVR
- Be the face and brand of the business line in the market.
- Identify the target markets, including industry, company, company contacts and which marketing and sales strategies can be used to attract them as clients.
- Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads and follow through to a successful sale close.
- Use your current brand, connections, and relationships to open the doors to business opportunities.
- Connect with key decision makers to understand their business, their challenges and to provide solutions through AlignVR technology.
- Maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects within the market.
- Build and maintain relationships in the market with customers and other influencers to build brand for the business and product offering.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up to date on corporate competitors.
- Develop a marketing strategy to educate the market on the benefits of virtual reality in business, on impression management and the value of AlignVR.
- Execute on the marketing strategy in working with the Digital Marketing Lead ensuring the plan is being executed, results are monitored, and metrics are being met.
- Protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Work alongside ownership to meet the goals of the business for AlignVR including attainment of revenue targets.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Work alongside the CEO in creating growth in revenue through the development of new client relationships, new project opportunities and the potential of new market expansion
- Develop metrics, alongside the CEO, and effectively meet the KPI’s
- Development of a business development and marketing strategy with demonstrated success in executing on it
- Create a 3-year strategic and operational plan, alongside the CEO, that will align to achieving the goals of the organization
- Work alongside the Owners, Finance and Human Resources to create an organizational structure that will support the plans of the business
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of AlignVR and in supporting the success of the organization, the ideal candidate will have the following core competencies, experience, attributes and capabilities:
- Completion of a post-secondary related program with a focus in Business Management
- Minimum 7 years previous and related experience in leading a business unit with overall responsibility for sales, marketing, and growth of the service line.
- Experienced in business to business outside sales including customer identification, cold-calling, networking, building strong and trusting client relationships, understanding business needs, managing client objections, and closing sales.
- The ideal candidate will be well networked and have built a personal brand that allows doors to be opened easily to make connection.
- You will have been exposed and have a demonstrated track record of success in solution selling a service.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in meeting and/or exceeding sales targets and building strong customer relations.
- Experience in a consultative sales role where building relationships is the key to success.
- Demonstration of an innovative mindset where you seek solutions to problems; pushing through obstacles to create a customer solution to meet their needs.
- Creative mindset that has demonstrated success in building marketing strategy and programs to support sales.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a wide variety of assignments at once and manage competing deadlines.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimum supervision and a passion to learn and grow.
- Excellent time management skills and work ethic.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, where you roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done.
- Ability to be strategic while also digging into the business at a tactical level.
- Self driven and motivated by seeing success through goal attainment and revenue results.
- Accountable to the business and its growth.
- Positive attitude and energy.
- Creative and innovative in your approach and marketing.
- Continuous learning mindset.
- Must have grit pushing past obstacles and challenges, never letting it de-rail you from your goals.
- Team focused.
Compensation package consists of a competitive salary, results driven bonuses and the opportunity for equity in the business upon demonstrated track record of success.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join AlignVR in the role of the VP Sales & Marketing AlignVR, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Position ID # ASFD-183140.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *